Verbo Auxiliar: To Be - IV
To be — explicación
To be — contexto
- I am supposed1 to work every day.
- He wasn’t allowed to come to school today.
- Madrid is visited by many tourists each year.
- The football world championships are held in Russia this year.
- You aren’t allowed to cycle here.
- He isn’t used to travelling.
- He was born2 in Munich.
- The car was cleaned by him.
- We weren’t spoken to yesterday by anyone.
- The book was read in two weeks.3
To be — análisis
- I am supposed to work every day. Recuerda, la pasiva en el pasado simple es: to be + participio pasado. Por lo tanto, en este caso es la primera persona de to be (am) + supposed.
- He was born in Munich. La forma be born siempre va acompañado del verbo to be. Siempre va en pasiva.
- The book was read in two weeks. Hay muchas razones por las que usamos la pasiva en inglés. En el capítulo II vamos a profundizar en ello.